Cost of a mini Longhorn
Are there miniature Texas longhorns?
How much does a mini longhorn cost?
Yes, mini cows exist and there are mini longhorns. The cost of mini longhorn depends on so many factors that it is not an easy answer. Being a relatively new strain of a very historic breed there are only a limited number of Mini Texas Longhorns available, and even fewer that can be registered with the Texas longhorn associations. So if you want horns like the cow with her head in the bucket or a hide with calico color like the other, there will be a higher price than if you want a deal from your local sale yard or craigslist listing with no papers and little hook horns. Still being in progressive stages of getting smaller animals you also can expect to pay a premium for animals with smaller genetics. (Don't confuse this with baby calves! They grow up and if from regular genetics have the potential to grow quite large.) Don't expect them to be near the price of local beef cattle either. They are quite unique and command a nice price for those that desire astounding hides and great horns for yard art or lawn ornaments that keep that front pasture down. Nothing stops a crowd quite like a Texas longhorn and even more if it is a mini one.
So here is a list of a few things that determine the price.
1. Being registered (as the genetics can prove their purity and likely hood of having long or twisted horns)
2. Coming from small parents who have mini genetics for multiple generations.
3. Coming from mini longhorns that have a show career.
4. Coming from parents that have long showy horns.
5. Beautiful coloring.
6. Being halter broke, halter trained or show trained.
7. Location, location, location (shipping cattle is not cheap).
8. This is not an exhaustive list but good luck in your search for a mini longhorn for your pet. Message us if you have any questions.
Got hybrid Vigor?
Ask how F1 crosses could help you!
Are you ready to think outside the box? Are you ready to introduce some hybrid vigor into your herd and reduce your input via lower medication? Are you ready to have fat cows of medium size instead of monster bags of bones? Ask how using a Mini Longhorn bull on your herd could get you some great F1 cross heifers to start building a grass fed medication free herd. Which could lead to higher profits in the all natural market. If you have a beef herd then we need to talk. We may even have heifer sexed semen so you don't have to worry about raising steers. Polled animals should only throw polled babies even bred to longhorn bulls.